Sunday, August 19, 2012

Intolerantly Tolerant



I really don't have much to say this particular week. I have been hurt and apparently friendships have changed..........and I am sad and disappointed.

I am tired of being hurt by intolerant people. These people profess that we all must be tolerant of X, Y, or Z, but are intolerant of anyone who might disagree with them. I will not fit into a mould created by someone else's ideals.......and I would never ask anyone to that for me either. We are all entitled to our own thoughts, beliefs, and ideas.

I have been told that some of what I say or post is "offensive". Now they won't tell me what it was or why they found my thoughts or sharing of other's thoughts offensive, so I don't have a way to fix it. I have a pretty good idea what caused it. I took a stand for something important to me. I never got vulgar. I never threatened. It never got violent. I expressed myself. Simply, my point of view and opinion was enough to change realtionships.

It is interesting that people that I might expect to have an issue with my opinions didn't stop being my friend in real life. They didn't defriend on Facebook. They either understand that my feeling have nothing to do with them or they ignored my posts.

Sorry this is so short this week, but I am still trying to recover. More next week.

1 comment: